Dogs on The Cove
The Lodge on the Cove has joined the ranks of dog-friendly hotels in Kennebunkport, Maine! We now welcome our canine companions in select rooms. Included in our nightly fee of $40 per dog, per night is a paw-fect welcome bag for your furry family member to include a food & water bowl, treats, and waste bags. Or, pamper your pooch with our “Wag with Swag” to include a paw-some Lodge on the Cove bandana, bowl, and leash. We are also happy to announce that we’ve partnered Animal Welfare Society in West Kennebunk. $2 of your nightly fee will go toward AWS and the great work they do for our furry friends in the area.
The small paw-print:
- Our 4 Cove King Bunk rooms are the only dog-friendly hotel rooms.
- The fee of $40 per dog, per night is applied in addition to the cost of your room.
- $2 of each fee will be donated to Animal Welfare Society in West Kennebunk.
- At this time, we are only accepting dogs; please no cats, mini-ponies, or iguanas.
- Limit two dogs per room up to 65 pounds.
- A designated space for doggie business is equipped with waste disposal.
- Dogs are not allowed in any of the hotel interior common areas including The Lodge, The Clubhouse, The Dory, or within the pool gates.
- Do not leave your dog loose & unattended in your hotel room or vehicle.
- Please keep your dog(s) on a leash at all times when exploring the hotel grounds.
- Housekeeping services for rooms with dogs require advance scheduling through our front desk.
Dog owners will be responsible for their canine companions and for any excessive damage they may cause. You will be required to sign a pet waiver upon check in verifying that your dog is up-to-date on their vaccines. Failure to abide by the above rules will result in an early departure with full payment. Please call us with any questions!
For the month of October we will be celebrating our furry friends by waiving our dog fee! Our usual fee of $40 per dog, per night will not be applied to your stay. No need to worry though, we’ve waived the fee but our regular donations to Animal Welfare Society will continue.
All other dog policies still apply. Please see above for details.